Lisa Lahey - Author and Educator

Welcome and thanks for visiting! I am very active on social media including Facebook, twitter, this here blog and LinkedIn. I am getting published for the second time by PublishAmerica this year. I value tips on writing fiction, non-fiction and marketing published works.

Please add comments and become a guest blogger on my blog. I love company! Anything that is relevant to you works for me. I have a passion to learn about the world around me. Who knows? You might inspire me to write a new story.
Thanks!



Monday, March 1, 2010

Love Song

This is one of my rejected poems. It is about my mother and the year she was dying of cancer. Hope you like:

Love Song

The erosion began where there should have been an end to her earthly worries and woes
leaving her to savour gently the golden years of spiritual splendour
She amassed herself against the encroaching enemy with the only weapon she had
Faith that the hidden foe would fail to put out the light and then
put out the Light
on precious Eve's soft and sensual radiance

Her soul pined that it could not heal this undeserved iniquity
Womanly curves and coves faded swiftly and mocked her
with their memory
Her skin now worn loosely upon her sorrowful frame
led her to cast mournful eyes away from the ruthless mirror

Yet the looking-glass could not mirror her soul's unwavering spirit
and it challenged her to defeat this merciless scourge
Her withered temple weathered the onslaught even as her spirit
became lovelier by far than the splendour grievous Eve
once boasted in Eden
that of her burning and alluring mystique

Her blessed shrine became a mere shade of its former beauty
but her spirit outshone her wounded womanly charms
Her blue eyes were no longer haunted with sorrow
radiated everlasting forgiveness
and hope for what was yet to be

No comments:

Post a Comment