Lisa Lahey - Author and Educator

Welcome and thanks for visiting! I am very active on social media including Facebook, twitter, this here blog and LinkedIn. I am getting published for the second time by PublishAmerica this year. I value tips on writing fiction, non-fiction and marketing published works.

Please add comments and become a guest blogger on my blog. I love company! Anything that is relevant to you works for me. I have a passion to learn about the world around me. Who knows? You might inspire me to write a new story.
Thanks!



Monday, March 1, 2010

boy,crazy is NOT about being boy crazy

Once when I was strolling around Chapters Book Store in Brampton Ontario I saw a few copies of my first novel "boy,crazy" in the juvenile section. Juvenile. The book - and it says this clearly on the spine - is a thriller, implying it is for ADULTS only. This however was not at all my problem rather I felt the staff at that particular store should pay a little closer attention to their products when shelving them. Besides they probably had better things to do than worry about a whining author stating that her books weren't shelved properly. So I left without saying anything. I can only hope no tween or teen out there ended up with boy,crazy in her Christmas stocking but if so let me just state that I had nothing to do with that mess. It was entirely out of my hands. I'm not the stockboy/girl, merely the author.

I did a lot of research for my novel as I also did for my second release due out in summer 2010, "Millicent Carlisle". Personally that's the only way I can write a book. Why would anyone simply make something up off the top of his or her head without referencing any experiences or facts from the outside world at all? Authors like anyone else don't live in a vaccuum. But, I digress.

If you're interested in a slim volume about a wannabe serial killer with no name other than "boy" (I guess his parents didn't get too attached) check out this link with my publishing company PublishAmerica:

http://www.publishamerica.net/product6141.html

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment