Lisa Lahey - Author and Educator

Welcome and thanks for visiting! I am very active on social media including Facebook, twitter, this here blog and LinkedIn. I am getting published for the second time by PublishAmerica this year. I value tips on writing fiction, non-fiction and marketing published works.

Please add comments and become a guest blogger on my blog. I love company! Anything that is relevant to you works for me. I have a passion to learn about the world around me. Who knows? You might inspire me to write a new story.
Thanks!



Monday, March 1, 2010

Personalize Your Author Signature

This idea is cool because I thought of it - well partly.  And also because it works for non-fiction, poetry, fiction and whatever else is out there in the world of book publishing.

Try personalizing your signature a little rather than using the usual snore of "best wishes" and signing with a blue or black pen. One author I read about used the title of his book to sign his name because it lended itself nicely to an autograph. It was something along the lines of "Peace and Happiness", signed _____. (Shame on me I can't remember who he is or I would definitely write him in here). Of course Peace and Happiness was the title of the book. Cool.


Perhaps you have a fancy metallic marker you like to write with? Or a glitter gel marker?

Are you a teacher? Then goodness sakes put a little sticker next to your signature.

Did you write a book about children's crafts and paintings? Why not leave one of your fingerprints from fingerpaint? Or sign your name using a red crayon?

Did you write a book on calligraphy?  Now I really don't have to tell you to sign your name using one of your calligraphy pens and ink do I?

Wrote a book on photography?  Hmmm let's see. Oh I know, glue in a personal photo that doesn't match the one in the book - or perhaps just use your personalized bookmark with a photo that doesn't match your book.

Serious! Get creative and crafty. Little personal touches go a long way and they are way more fun than the usual ho-hum of a standard authograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment